All on 6 Treatment Concept
What is an All–on- 6 Treatment Concept?
The All-on-6 Dental Implant procedure creates a permanent prosthesis by using six Dental Implants. The procedure is used to replace the entire upper or lower set of teeth. This procedure seldom requires bone grafting procedure it is recommended in people.
- After conducting a comprehensive examination which includes digital x rays & Cone Beam CT-scan, the dentist assesses the areas of maximum bone where these 6 implants are to be placed.
- Dental implants are placed into the jawbone with the use of a local anesthetic or Intravenous Sedation. Multiple implants typically take about two to three hours to be completed
- The temporary prosthesis may be given by the dentist on the day of surgery depending upon the stability achieved by the dentist during implant placement.
- In case your dentist gives you the temporary prostheses, patients should exercise caution in eating hard or very chewy foods. This is because during the first few months of the procedure, the mouth will be healing.
- Once the implants have integrated with the bone after 3-6 months, your clinician calls you in for a fixed and permanent prostheses.
After All-on-6 Dental Implant Procedure
- Following the procedure, patients will need to make sure to check in with their dentists often — especially in the first three months, and then two to three times annually.
- To prevent any complications or infections, it’s crucial to contact your dentist right away if something doesn’t feel right.
- Once the implants have stabilized, continuous care combined with good oral hygiene will render a perfect smile and excellent oral health.