Routine Braces Care Dental Clinic in Gurgaon
It’s more vital than ever to keep your teeth and gums healthy when wearing braces. Receiving braces necessitates the development of a new oral hygiene routine as well as excellent habits that create the best environment for your teeth and gums. You must be vigilant in cleaning your teeth while wearing braces to avoid bad breath, swollen gums, discolored teeth, and decay. You’ll get greater outcomes and spend less time in treatment if you remove plaque on a regular basis. Listed below are a few tips for keeping your braces clean.
Tips For Keeping Your Braces Clean:
1. Rinse your mouth after every meal: In reality, no one goes through the trouble of brushing their teeth after every meal on a daily basis. However, you must slosh some water around your mouth to help remove any food stuck in your braces. You can even get travel-sized mouthwashes to use when you’re out and about. This is a simple technique to keep braces clean without having to carry toothpaste and a toothbrush around with you all the time.
2. Floss regularly: Flossing, as unpleasant as it may be, is essential for keeping your braces clean. It removes food lodged between the teeth and plaque that your toothbrush could miss. Invest in a floss threader to assist you navigate your braces. It will assist you in getting the floss where you want it.
3. Avoid certain foods: Sugary and acidic diets can cause tooth decay. Acidic foods, such as vinegar and citrus fruits, can wear away at your teeth’s enamel. Cavities can be exacerbated by candy and potato chips. When you have cavities, you may experience pain and sensitivity when eating specific foods. If you have any of these symptoms, take action right once.
4. Brush your tongue: It is critical to brush your tongue since it maintains your breath fresh. No one wants to have a smelly breath as they go about their day. It’s also beneficial since it aids in the removal of bacteria that may have accumulated on the surface of your tongue. It’s critical to catch bacteria before they hide in the metal of braces.
5. Be gentle: Even if braces are tough and durable, it’s still necessary to brush them gently. Bristles that are too hard can loosen a bracket. When brushing your teeth, avoid applying too much pressure. Brushing your teeth too frequently might be harmful to your teeth.
6. Go the extra mile: After you’ve gone to the trouble of selecting the greatest braces, make sure you take the time to properly care for them. Brushing for one minute longer than normal can make a big difference. Brushing for two minutes is recommended, but don’t be scared to brush for three minutes. You might want to brush off any food or muck you may have missed initially. It will also help ensure that you don’t have any serious stains or white spots after your braces are removed.
Where To Seek Help?
If you are looking for cosmetic dentistry, Cosmodontist Dental and Implant Centre is the right choice for you. With a skilled and experienced team of doctors, led by Dr. Nilay Bhatia and Dr. Vidushi Mayor, the leading dentists in Gurgaon, Cosmodontist is a one-stop hub for all the needs of your teeth. It provides its patients with the best services and quality dental care, owing to its top-notch technology and highly experienced doctors.
For a detailed consultation, schedule an appointment today!