What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants, medically referred to as endosseous implant or fixture, are surgical components that are surgically implanted into the jaw so as to restore a person’s ability to chew, and/or their appearance. In this procedure, tooth roots are replaced by metals, and damaged or missing teeth are replaced by artificial teeth that look and function exactly like the real ones. Implants provide support for the artificial teeth such as crowns, bridges, or dentures.
What are the advantages?
The benefits of dental implants surpass those of bridges and dentures. Here are a few advantages:
- It prevent bone loss which is bound to occur when one loses their teeth. This happens due to lack of stimulation of the jawbone, because of which the bone in the empty space deteriorates. Dental implants restore the jawbone stimulation as they replace the root along with the tooth, thus helping to prevent bone loss.
- Unlike dentures, which impact the ability to pronounce words correctly, dental implants enable your natural speech. Missing teeth also hinder speech. Since dental implants function exactly like natural teeth, they enable one to speak easily and naturally.
- It restore full chewing power as they are anchored into your jaw with a titanium post that replaces the tooth root. These allow you to bite and chew with the same amount of force. Other tooth replacement options do not completely restore this force as they sit on your gums and are not anchored in place.
- Dental implants prevent gum disease which can be caused by a missing tooth or a gap, which acts as a trap for bacteria.
- It helps prevent facial sagging and premature aging. When bone is lost from a missing tooth, it could lead to facial sagging. This also leads to wrinkling of the face, thinning of the lips, and a more pointed chin, making the person look much older than their actual age.
- Implants also support adjacent teeth by filling the gap caused by a missing tooth, which consequently also leads to teeth on either side of the gap to shift positions, resulting in misalignment.
Reasons Why Dental Implants Are So Popular
Dental implants have been gaining popularity over time. Some reasons why dental implants are so popular are:
- It provide a natural look and a comfortable fit. They look and feel like your natural teeth. With dental implants, you can eat, smile and just go about life without worrying about them falling out, as is the case with dentures.
- Implants are long-lasting and reliable. With proper care and maintenance, they last longer than conventional restoration options.
- It also have a high rate of success. When planned and cared for in the right manner, these offer a success rate better than any other teeth replacement method. As the technology and technique for implants is improving, so are the success rates.
Cosmodontist Dental and Implant Centre is the best and a renowned multispeciality dental clinic in Gurgaon. With a skilled and experienced team of doctors, led by Dr. Nilay Bhatia and Dr. Vidushi Mayor, Cosmodontist is a one-stop hub for all the needs of your teeth such as dental implants in Gurgaon. It provides its patients with the best services and quality dental care, owing to its top-notch technology and highly experienced doctors.
To avail world-class dental care at affordable prices, call us at +91-8368774211, or visit us at 301-D, Third Floor, Supermart 2, DLF Phase-4, Gurugram and schedule an appointment With Dentist today!