Today, we are gonna talk about importance of teeth and tips to keep teeth healthy. Teeth are an important and integral part of our body. They help in chewing and digesting the food, they help us speak clearly and most importantly they give our face its shape. This image clearly depicts the importance of teeth. As per latest research, dental problems can lead to other problems in the body, including increased risk of cardiac diseases. So, it’s imperative to have good oral hygiene.
- Brushing and Flossing: Brushing and flossing are two important and necessary habits which need to be done to keep dental problems at bay. And if done correctly, can help one maintain good oral hygiene. We are all aware that one should brush twice a day as it is one of the most effective practices for removing plaque and bacteria. However, people don’t know that brushing is only effective, if done with the right technique. Brushing too hard or using a hard-bristled toothbrush can damage the gums and tooth enamel, which leads to sensitivity to cold & hot, permanent damage to the protective enamel of the teeth, and gum erosion. Brushing should be done in an up and down motion and not side to side.
Now, flossing also helps in removing plaque and bacteria from teeth, but generally people avoid it as they don’t know how to do it. It is recommended to consult your dentist to know the right technique of flossing.
- Use Fluoridated Toothpastes: Fluoridated toothpastes help prevent cavities and tooth decay in both children and adults. So, when purchasing a toothpaste, make sure it contains fluoride in it. However ,the fluoride content in children and adult toothpaste varies. Ask our experts Dentist which toothpaste is best suited according to individual needs.
- Limit Sugary and Acidic Food: Consuming sugar in excessive quantity can lead to tooth cavities. This is because sugar gets converted into acid in the mouth, which then erodes the enamel of the teeth. So, try to avoid sugary, acidic and starchy food. And if you have cavities, don’t take it lightly. See a dentist before it’s too late!!!
- Drink plenty of water: Water is no doubt good for our skin , but it’s beneficial for our oral health too. Water helps get rid of some of the sugars and food particles from your teeth that can otherwise cause stains and cavities. It also helps in fighting bad breath and last but not the least, water is a good source of fluoride so basically it is ‘nature’s cavity fighter’!
- Regular Dental Checkups: We often neglect this but practicing good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups help in maintaining healthy teeth and gums. We visit a dentist only whenever we are having any dental problem. But it is recommended to see a dentist for dental cleaning and general checkup twice a year.
Follow these simple tips to keep your teeth and gums healthy. If you still have any dental problem, we are just a call away. Cosmodontist Dental and Implant Centre is one of the most trusted and recommended dental clinic in Gurgaon. Our highly experienced dentists Dr. Nilay Bhatia and Dr. Vidushi Mayor have helped thousands of patients with virtually painless treatments and are acknowledged as the best dentist in Gurgaon by their patients.