Brushing and flossing your teeth on a daily basis are the easiest ways to keep them clean, shiny, and safe. Even then, you’d not be alone, when you think your smile has lost its luster or your teeth have become yellower than what once they were. When asked about what aspect of the smile one would like to change the most, the most popular answer was to have whiter teeth. Teeth whitening in Gurgaon is the perfect way to get that whitening smile.
What is teeth whitening?
Tooth whitening is a safe and convenient way to lighten the natural colour of your teeth without losing any of the enamel. It won’t completely change the colour, but it will lighten the current hue.
Why does the colour of teeth change? For a variety of reasons, your teeth can turn from white to not-so-white over time:
- Colored drinks and food – Coffee, tea, and red wine are some of the most common stains. What is it that they all have in common? Chromogens are intense colour pigments that bind to the white, outer portion of your tooth (enamel).
- Tobacco Use – Tar and nicotine, two chemicals present in tobacco, trigger stubborn stains. Tar is a dark substance by nature. Until it is combined with oxygen, nicotine is colourless. Then it transforms into a yellowish material that stains the surface.
- Age – A softer area called dentin lies underneath the rough, white outer shell of your teeth (enamel). Brushing thins the outer enamel coat, allowing some of the yellowish dentin to show through.
- Trauma – Your tooth/teeth can change colour as a result of an injury, which causes it to lay down more dentin, which is the darker layer underneath the enamel.
Options for Teeth whitening Treatment in Gurgaon
Teeth can be whitened using a variety of methods and materials. You may be unsure of which products to use and which are safe. Before you plan teeth whitening in Gurgaon you should talk to a dentist.
There are three general categories of whitening methods, those that are:
- Administered by your dentist
- Dispensed by your dentist to use at home
- Obtained over the counter or made at home without the oversight of your dentist
You may choose a certain method for teeth whitening based on one or more factors, including:
- The type of discoloration you have
- The cost involved in the treatment
- The treatment method
- Your age (this pertains to children)
- Your dental history, including fillings and crowns
What happens during teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening in Gurgaon is very simple and effective, here is the process:-
- First Step: Dentist will examine to make sure your teeth are clean for the procedure as you will be unable to get your teeth bleached if you have one or more of the following conditions: Cavities, very worn enamel, gingivitis (gum disease), exposed roots of teeth
- Step Two – When getting a teeth whitening procedure, it’s important to keep the gums safe from the bleaching agent. This is easily accomplished with a rubber dental dam or a custom-molded gum protector. This isn’t the most attractive piece of clothing, but it does the job of ensuring that only the desired area is exposed to the procedure.
- Step Three – The whitening gel used in a dentist’s office is much more effective. Many are in the 15-43 percentile hydrogen peroxide, which means they get results even more quickly. The timer starts after this is carefully applied to the teeth.
- Step Four – Lasers are the key to how to get whiter teeth quicker. The bleaching agent is simply applied in certain dentist treatments. Others use laser beams as an accelerant. You’ll be given a pair of protective glasses after the whitening procedure is completed. The lasers are then focused on the teeth. Both teeth whitening procedures operate by releasing oxygen into the mouth, which causes the stains to move. Heat is produced by the laser. This significantly accelerates the whitening process.
How long do teeth whitening effects last?
It can last between a few months or up to 3 years – it varies from person to person.
What Not To Eat After Teeth Whitening For Long Lasting Effect
If you eat foods that are known to stain teeth on a regular basis, you can either stop them or eat them in moderation. You may want to restrict the following items:
- Tea, coffee, tomato juice, red wine
- Acidic beverages, including soft drinks and alcohol
- Sugary foods
- Items with artificial coloring
If a food can stain a white T-shirt forever, it can also stain the teeth. After teeth whitening, you are recommended to avoid extreme hot and cold items for a few days.
The risks of teeth whitening
Do you want to whiten (bleach) your teeth? Before you do something, talk to your dentist about the potential dangers. Tooth sensitivity and damage to the roots of teeth are two risks associated with tooth whitening. Dentists will be able to predict whether you would have trouble with the treatment or have sensitivities to it. They may also be able to assist you in reducing sensitivity by prescribing specific treatments and toothpastes for sensitive teeth.
What is teeth whitening cost in Gurgaon?
The teeth whitening cost in Gurgaon can vary amongst clinics between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000, depending upon the number of applications.